Saturday, September 16, 2006

Updates

My big news is that I got a new job! I am very excited. I will be working on the art department at a screen printing/embroidery shop. I will be dealing with clients on a regular basis which will be good. I will have about a 25 minute bus ride there, and walk just 3 short blocks. The place seems pretty laid back too which is good-no cubicles or three piece suits so I should fit in just fine. This comes at a very pivotal time because I was begining to think I was not meant to be here in Chicago. But it looks like I will be here for a while still. I like Chicago for now. I won't stay here forever, but it is very inspiring to live here where there is so much diversity and opportunity. I always picture myself settling down in the country though, in a more peacefull place-when I am more at peace with myself.

I will be making a much needed trip home next weekend. I haven't been there since Easter. I miss mi familia! I will try to squeeze as many visits in as I possibly can in one weekend. There will gefinitely be a stop at Grandma & Grandpa's. A place I hold so dear to my heart. When I think of my "happy place" it is there. I picture myself as a bare-foot 5 year-old running around their farm on a sunny day, hair blowing in the wind. Maybe climb an apple tree, chase the cats, sneak into the barn, or roll down the hill. Ahhh those memories are so sweet. And I mean NO ONE can top my Grandmothers cooking from scratch! She is THE BEST! And my sister Erin is pregnant and we are sooo excited!

Today while I was on MySpace, I found a very talented illustrator. This calibur of work is what I am aspiring to achieve one day. Have a looksee. . .

No comments: