Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Mile High Honey

Viva la Denver!!! We made it. We got moved in. I hope I don't have to move again for a looooong time! I am so sick of moving! Not long ago I was at my Grandmother's and went to go get out her broom to sweep. I recognized her broom as being the same one I can ever remember her having since I was a child. And I thought: Wow, this thing is like at least 20 years old. I don't think I own ANYthing that I did twenty years ago. But when you move as frequently as I do, I guess that happens.

The most fun thing about moving for us creatives is decorating! I am quite proud of the pictures BTB and I put together over what will become our mini bar. I bought a series of photos from istockphoto.com and printed them on my inkjet. It was an inexpensive way to get a great wall piece. I know, you don't have to tell me-I should just sign up for design star now huh? The apartment is actually quite a bit bigger than the one in Vail. The only downside is Zoe doesn't have a private yard anymore. There isn't a whoe lot of grass right near the building. But there is a great park not too far that I know she will go to a lot. The other thing I am enjoying is our freezer collage!! I am hoping to fill the entire fridge eventually. Look close and you will see John Lennon, and the top of Dave Matthews head. I fully expect all of you who enjoy teasing that I am a hippie to let me hear about it.

I am looking for a salon job and have an interview for one on Friday. I am hoping to be done with school in January. Every once in a while, when things get a little hard, I tell myself that I am stupid for having a college degree and not using it to live comfortably. But then I remember that it's about a quality of life, not just money. And I am loving the salon life, so I know I'm on the right path! BTB's job starts here in Denver next week. I know he is anxious to be settled in. I guess the Broncos are doing pretty well, but I am not converting into a fan anytime soon. Although I would quite enjoy seeing a Colorado Avalanche match sometime. We are looking forward to a trip back to Ohio for Melanie and Joe's wedding in two weeks. We will be in Cleveland for the wedding and then a short stay with The B family. I might even get to see my grown-up little sister play some ball! : ) Well, that's all for now. I am about to enjoy popcorn for dinner. (boy can you tell I am my mother's child or what?) If you never have try it with salt AND pepper. That is a trick I learned from one of the many redheads in my life. Love and hugs.

No comments: