Thursday, October 16, 2008

This Damn PC

Four days in the heart of it all will do it to you. Back at sea level there is a surplus of oxygen for your lungs and it was unbelievably and unseasonably warm. This put me in a trans-like state of complete and utter relaxation. I don't remember in all my years growing up in the midwest feeling those temperatures and taking in such beautiful fall foilage which is one of the best parts of fall in Ohio. Fall is rapidly becoming my favorite season of the year. What beats football, halloween, and sweatshirt weather?




My BF and I went for a wedding I was in. The G's were married on October 11th and it was the most perfect day you could imagine. Even I who has gotten used to Colorado sunshine was blown away at the gorgeous weather back home. Mr. and Mrs. G are most likely on the beach in Aruba right now, probably on their 3rd cocktail.



Now though, most of that relaxation has dissipated with the onset of two full bags of laundry staring me in the face, as well as this damn PC. I don't have to tell those of you that know me how much I despise PCs. I was born a Mac-user. Our first computer when I was 6 was an Apple. All through grammar and high school I was on Macs, and of course through college and my short-lived graphic design career it was always a Mac. My Mother got me my first Mac in 2002. I will never forget that day, a brand new Powerbook titanium G4. It is right up there with the day I got Zoe. (my pup)But after 6 long years, the G4 is out of commission. I opened it one day to find that the screen had gone black. The thing seems to be working fine, ya just can't see anything on the screen. So I have been forced to use this damn PC until my precious Mac returns. There's all this spyware, and virus shit that frankly is just an absolute waste of my time. Macs don't get viruses. And don't get me started on the whole iTunes-Windows compatability, ahhhem or should I say the lack thereof. Anywho this PC decided to crash on us last night and we had to reinstall the whole operating system. I should mention that this thing is 2 years old, not even half as old as my Mac and it is already crashing. Anyway I think I have my boyfriend sold on starting a fund for one of these. This will be a much-needed welcomed member to our family.

At the expense of keeping politics to a minimum, I will make this short. I am still on the fence as far as who I am voting for. But if my decision were solely based on the man I though was smarter and better under pressure, I would be forced to vote for Obama. Last night he remained cool under pressure, and out-articulated McCain with his plans 10-1. McCain was clearly rattled and less in control of his emotions. And by the way, since when is it acceptable for a prospective "Commander in Chief" to get so emotional? Can you imagine if Hillary had said she was very "hurt" by what congressman Lewis had said. This shows a McCain who is crying about something that some other guy said. He is like a little kid saying "you didn't wanna play with me" and "take it back, take it back". Obama's right; I don't give a shit about John McCain's hurt feelings and it is ridiculous that the last chance he had to talk to so many Americans at once, he chose to spend it talking about his hurt feelings.




Because of this it is evident to me that should McCain go into office the issues that the American people are most concerned about would take a back seat to his own pride. Yes, Obama is very inexperienced. But if I had no prior knowledge of that fact, it is McCain whom I would deem the least experienced based on this debate alone.
And that's all I'll say about that. . .

No comments: