Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Dear Dressmaker,

Yesterday started out great. I officially got my ticket home for Christmas! I am so very excited about this because I didn't think I was going home and it made me very sad. But now I am so excited to see friends and family that I haven't seen since May!

Then one of my new friends at the salon invited me to come see him DJ this Friday. I am really excited about getting out for some music.

And then there is the ever-looming Holiday party. One of the other assistants is planning for this as if it were the Grammies! She has had her "escada" dress fro weeks and it's as if this is THE social event of the year for her! And then there's me, the broke ass newbie who will not be getting any kind of new fabulous dress. Ahhh, and so it goes I will have to somehow convince myself between now and then that this holiday party is not this all important once-a-year event to make a style statement for myself. It is really about eating, drinking, and enjoying each other's company right? Yeah right this is the beauty industry.

I will not give up. I will not succumb to the superficial, materialistic world that can be the beauty industry. I am poor, but my will is strong. I will not be self absorbed and buy a new dress. This is the time of year of gifts for others. I have plenty of dresses in my closet. I know it must be possible to stay grounded in this business. Besides, my beautiful date will obviously make up for what my dress may lack.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

certainly like your website however you need to check the
spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with
spelling issues and I to find it very bothersome to tell the truth nevertheless I'll definitely come back again.

hairdressers Edinburgh