Monday, December 29, 2008

Extensions 101




Birthday Coat. A gift from my Mother.

The Salon holiday party went off without a hitch. I did end up getting a very affordable dress that my Mr. Man was kind enough to help pick out. The party was at an art gallery. Wine, beer, and berry-infused vodka was served. There was a photographer who was taking candids against a white wall and immediately printing the photos for us to take. There was a DJ that rocked our socks off. Plenty of dancing and even a flip-cup table was created by whom else but a bunch of male significant others.

In the hair world I recently agreed to be a model for a Stylist who is learning extensions. There are many different types of extensions. Most are made of real human hair. Some are synthetic. There are a few different ways of attaching extensions. They may be glued in with some sort of a bond, or they can come in a weft to be sewn into a braid. My Pro-Hair extensions were synthetic. After having them I would encourage anyone thinking about getting extensions to go for the real thing. The problem with synthetics is there is no straightening, and no curling iron. These tools are too hot and will melt the hair. The only options for styling this hair is to wet-set, or use hot rollers. (they must have the velvet covering around them). The other thing about synthetic extensions is that they get kinda nappy. They have to be brushed constantly. I would recommend this type of extension for someone who is looking to add body or thickness, but not to add length. Inevitably these were short-lived for me. I took them out after three short weeks. Below is the best picture I have of them. It is my sister and I over Christmas.

No comments: